Jobs | Jan 2020
DAB is hiring a Fermentation Technician – interested?
At DAB we are constantly looking for enthusiastic professionals to join our mission to enable the bio-economy. Check out the job description below and if it sounds like you please send your application with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Fermentation Technician
Are you looking for a challenge in bioprocess development and willing to use your expertise and skills to make a difference in a dynamic ambitious start-up company? Apply then for a fulltime position at Delft Advanced Biorenewables B.V. (DAB) in Delft. DAB is a science-based company developing bioprocess engineering solutions for in-situ oil recovery methods of emulsified fermentation broths. Within the DAB team, you will work on an affordable recovery technology that will enhance the production of advanced biofuels and bio-renewables through fermentation.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- As a fermentation technician you are working in a team on bioprocess optimisation of mainly complex fermentations.
- Your everyday work will consist of support and independently conducting experiments in the field of fermentations and downstream processing at lab scale and pilot scale. It likewise includes protocol development, preparations, execution, analytics, data processing.
- You will work together with a small and dynamic team from both industrial- and academic environments.
- You manage small projects with clients involved and are able to communicate and report the results both internally and externally.
To strengthen the fermentation team, we are looking for an enthusiastic candidate. Do you recognize yourself in:
- You have an education (BSc or similar) Bioprocess engineering, Biotechnology, Microbiology Food and Life Science or relevant scientific field;
- You have hands-on experience in fermentations and a solid understanding of biological conversions, microbiological analyses and techniques;
- You are eager to learn, grow and make a difference.
- You are driven towards results, quality and consistently wish to meet the expectations of our customers
- You are pro-active, hard-working and in for a challenge; and
- You are a team player with a good sense of humour.
We offer a possibility to join a fast-growing company that is contributing to a more bio-based economy. We have a great company with enthusiastic, talented and dedicated people who believe in the green and circular economy.
When we all understand how we intend to get there in the same way, there’s no telling how far we can go. We offer you the chance to join a company with a:
- Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference;
- International focus; and
- A friendly, informal culture in a demanding professional environment.
Are you interested, willing to make a difference in the bio-based economy and do you recognize yourself in the above description? Please send your CV and motivation letter latest February 23rd, 2020 to: